This scholarship was introduced to provide study loans to qualified Bumiputera students to pursue higher education and training in wide range of fields at the higher learning institutions under the Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) Education Sponsorship Division.
General Requirements for MARA Study Loans
Candidate must be a Malaysian of Malay/Bumiputera descent for full-time studies in Malaysia or overseas<ref name = "MARA Requirements"> website </ref>.
- Never had any loans/scholarship terminated by any sponsors for disciplinary act.
- Fulfill the family socio economic status requirement.
- Free from any contracts or paid leave from employer while studying except for Medical Specialization courses
- Meet the age requirements as follow:
- Pre-U – 19 years old and below
- First degree – not exceeding 30 years of age
- Master’s degree/Medicine/Dentistry Specialization - not exceeding 40 years old
- Doctor of Philosophy (phD) – not exceeding 45 years old
- Institutions of higher learning are recognized by the Malaysian Government
For SPM leaver under the SPC programme, there are three parts to applying : an initial application form, an individual interview and an online aptitude test.
The initial application form is online at http://esila.jpa.gov.my. There are three parts to the form - personal information, family information and academic details which also includes co-curricular activities. Shortlisted candidates are then invited for an individual interview. Before going to the interview, shortlisted candidates will have to answer the online aptitude test. The online aptitude test consists of about 250 questions, divided into 4 sections, to be completed in 45 minutes.The four sections are:
- Moral Reasoning
- Course of Personal Interest
- Current Ability
- Career Ambition
<ref name = "ReCom Forum"> </ref>