Japanese Monbukagakusho Scholarship
Malaysian nationals who would like to pursue their studies in Japan are invited to apply for the scholarship. During the term of the scholarship, monthly allowances of approximately 134,000 yen (approx RM4,500) will be given to undergraduate grantee and 172,000 yen (approx RM6,000) to postgraduate grantee (amount subject to change). Fees of the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be exempted. A round-trip airplane ticket is also provided. <ref name = "Japan Monbukagakusho">Japan Monbukagakusho Website</ref>
- Students will be studying five to seven years under this scholarships
- Applicants must be between 17 and 22 years of age during the application period.
- Applicants must have completed SPM or O-Level with at least 11 years of formal education (EXCLUDING REMOVE CLASS). STPM students(lower/upper) and those who will sit for A-Level, UEC, Matriculation or Diploma examination this year may also apply (provided the results will be known by March 2010).
- Applicants must have good command of English with excellent result in other major subjects. <ref name = "Japan Monbukagakusho">Japan Monbukagakusho Website</ref>
- Applicants will be studying for one to two and a halp years under this programme
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of 1st April 2010 (i.e. born on or after 2nd April 1975)
- Applicants must be a degree holder (ideally a 1st or 2nd Class Upper Honours Degree) with 16 years of formal education (EXCLUDING REMOVE CLASS). Undergraduates who are in the final year at their respective universities are eligible to apply. <ref name = "Japan Monbukagakusho">Japan Monbukagakusho Website</ref>
Application forms for Undergraduate and Postgraduate can be collected from the Embassy of Japan or printed out from the Embassy of Japan’s Homepage (www.my.emb-japan.go.jp). Alternatively, applicants can send Self-Addressed Envelopes pasted with 50-cents stamps to Japan Information Service, Embassy of Japan, No.11, Persiaran Stonor, Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50450 Kuala Lumpur. Please indicate Undergraduate or Postgraduate at the top left-hand corner of ALL envelopes. Otherwise, applications WILL NOT be entertained.
Applicants should ensure their duly completed form returned before the deadline. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. For further information, please access to www.my.emb-japan.go.jp. <ref name = "Japan Monbukagakusho">Japan Monbukagakusho Website</ref>