ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

DoomScythe

#1 Old 14-01-2009 Default Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

Hi,

Is there anyone here who is in the UK and is currently under a scholarship by JPA at Masters or PhD level, and whose undergraduate degree is sponsored by JPA as well? If there is, please reply here. I have tonnes to ask, but let me start off with a few simple questions first:

1. What are the chances of obtaining the scholarship if you failed to obtain a first-class honour but a high 2:1 in your undergrad degree.
2. Any idea when the scholarship will be out?

Thanks for you time.

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.
A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
There are two ways of meeting difficulties; you alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.
DoomScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
tomatoinc Male
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 29-01-2009 Default Re: Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

doom,

not sure about UK, but in NZ .. JPA scholars recently had some universities in Malaysia offering them PhD scholarship, with bond to serve as lecturers upon graduation. If you re a Bumiputera-eligible with 2:1 bachelor deg, but can get acceptance into PhD program, then you should apply to SLAB scholarship.
tomatoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
nhling Male

#3 Old 29-01-2009 Default Re: Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

http://www.jpa.gov.my/perkhidmatan-t...siswa_sajprof/

The above website is about the scholarship for the masters and PhD. I myself is a recipient of this scholarship and currently doing my masters degree in Japan.

Hope the information helps.
nhling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nhling For This Useful Post:
DoomScythe

#4 Old 29-01-2009 Default Re: Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

Gee, thanks for the replies. Thought that no one here could provide any info about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhling View Post
http://www.jpa.gov.my/perkhidmatan-t...siswa_sajprof/

The above website is about the scholarship for the masters and PhD. I myself is a recipient of this scholarship and currently doing my masters degree in Japan.

Hope the information helps.
It sure helps. I've tried searching through the JPA site under Courses Offered and Sponsorship link on the left hand side but got nothing from there. The link you gave is exactly what I'm searching for. I now understand why I cannot access that area before. I entered the site using the English interface. The links from there are actually wrong. Anyway, many many thanks.

On another note, do you know of any internship opportunities in Japan in the summer? I will be getting a Statistical related degree with some knowledge in Operational Research and Finance and a little Economics. So, basically, almost any internship is fine with me. I was thinking of experiencing a little Japanese culture, that's all.

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
There are two ways of meeting difficulties; you alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.

Last edited by DoomScythe; 29-01-2009 at 05:26 PM.
nhling Male

#5 Old 29-01-2009 Default Re: Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

About doing internship in Japan, most internship in Japan required Japanese language skill. Unless you are coming here for job training sponsored by certain companies, it's not easy to find internship here.

You can try to look for the Japan internship on offer in your university.
nhling is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#6 Old 30-01-2009 Default Re: Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScythe View Post
Hi,

Is there anyone here who is in the UK and is currently under a scholarship by JPA at Masters or PhD level, and whose undergraduate degree is sponsored by JPA as well? If there is, please reply here. I have tonnes to ask, but let me start off with a few simple questions first:

1. What are the chances of obtaining the scholarship if you failed to obtain a first-class honour but a high 2:1 in your undergrad degree.
2. Any idea when the scholarship will be out?

Thanks for you time.
They are quite strict on the results requirement for this scholarship. I got offer from Stanford, but I didn't meet the 3.75 minimum CGPA, and I didn't get the scholarship.

So, they do focus a lot on the results.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
DoomScythe

#7 Old 30-01-2009 Default Re: Biasiswa Peringkat Sarjana dan PhD bagi pelajar JPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenchow View Post
They are quite strict on the results requirement for this scholarship. I got offer from Stanford, but I didn't meet the 3.75 minimum CGPA, and I didn't get the scholarship.

So, they do focus a lot on the results.
Hmmm, this could be a real problem for me then....... Do you know of anyone else who obtained this scholarhsip with a 2:1?