Unto (old use)
1. towards sb or st.
: The angel appeared unto him in a dream
2. until a particular time or event
: I swore loyalty towards ReCom unto death (too serious
1. woman's chest or breasts
2. the part of a piece of clothing that covers a woman's bosom
3. the ~ of st.: a situation in which you are with people who love and protect you
: ReCommers who are still living in the bosom of your family need to learn how to adapt yourself to live without your family's company.
Damsel (old use)
= a young woman who is not married
: Any damsel in distress here in ReCom, need my help? Just notify me, I am glad to help
to sb. or st.: to care for somebody who is sick or hold and make sure they have everything they need
: The administrators here in ReCom always spend much time ministering to the illogical needs of ReCommers.
1. to make sb. rise to a higher rank or position, sometimes to one that they do not deserve
: In Malaysia, some people were exalted to a higher position in the government through family connections.
2. to praise somebody very much
: Youngyew / vseehua / luke is always exalted as a pillar of the Reborn community
: to make somebody feel upset, annoyed or not satisfied. Example
: I make an apology to all the administrators here if I have something which have displeased you.
Goodly (old use)
: physically attractive, of good quality
: Is vseehua a goodly guy?
1. with sb. on sb. / st. discuss sth eith sb. especially in order to exchange opinions or get advice.
: PSD scholars are busy conferring among themselves in regard to the problems faced when doing the medical checkups before the date of registration.
2. To give somebody an award, a university degree or a particular honour or right.
: An honorary degree was conferred on tanyijing2007 by the most famous university in the world in 2012.
Slew = slay (old-fashioned)
1. to kill sb. or st. in a war or a fight.
2. (used in newspapers) to murder sb.
: two passengers were slain by hijackers.
Brethen (old fashioned)
1. used to talk to people in church or talk about the members of a male religious group.
: Let's pray, brethren.
2. people who are part of the same society as yourself.
: As a patriotic and nationalistic Malaysian, we should do all we can to help our less fortunate brethren.
1. over, sb. / st. to rule as king, queen, emperor etc.
: King Penguin reigned from 2008 to 2012 over the whole Reborn Community.
2. to be the best or most important in a particular situation or area of skill
: In the field of classical music, he still reigns supreme.
1. the period during which an emperor rules
: During the reign of Penguins, ReCom experiences an enormous hike in the number of members.
2. the period during which sb. is in charge of an organisation or a team
: certainly, definitely
: Their attempts to impart ReCommers with penguins' thoughts will most assuredly fail.
Behold (old use)
: to look at sb or st.
: A penguin's face was a joy to behold.
Obeisance (formal, rare)
1. respect for sb or sth or the willingness to obey sb.
: I refuse To pay my obeisance to Penguin Empire.
2. the act of bending your head or the upper part of your body in order to show your respect for sb. or st.
Come to pass (old use)
Lo (old use or humorous)
used for calling attention to a surprising thing
: An extra skittle was added and, lo, tenpin bowling was born
1. to make sb or st less bad
: the excellent technology of waste disposal wasn't enough to redeem a weak management of rubbish in our country.
: She seems to have no redeeming qualities.
2. ~ oneself, to do something to improve the opinion that people have of you Example
: He has a chance to redeem himself after the mistakes.
3. to pay the full sum of money that you owe sb.
: ReCom's pioneers have used many years to redeem a loan of RM XXX,XXX for using the software by vBulletin
5. to exchange something such as shares or vouchers for goods
6. (formal) to do what you have promised
:~ a pledge / promise