1. It's not that fast, but still okay. May cause extreme frustrations at times. The whole college is wired, but the signal strength depends on where you're at. Some apartments get sucky connections.
Buy the internet prepaid cards from the Comp Lab. As for the rates,
rm 5 - 7 hours
Rm 10 - 15 hours
rm 30 - i forgot.. but it's worth buying RM10x3.
2. Formal wear for classes. For girls, baju kurung or blouse with pants/skirt is totally fine. I occasionally wear skinny jeans to class, but as long as you look presentable, lecturers srsly dont mind at all, just go formal for some time, go informal slowly.
You can wear pretty much anything outside classes- hotpants, slippers.
3. Sandals are acceptable. Heels or whatever, as long as they're not toilet slippers.
4. Dont buy the books yet, briefings will be given. Usually, Bio textbook will have to b original, books for other subjects can be photostatted cz it's not worth buying original copies.
5. Fans will be provided. Just bring water heater, hotplate, rice cooker, etc. Extensions are important. Seniors will have mega sales when they're moving out, so you bring wht u already have from home, the rest you can buy from seniors.
6. Yes. For the first week, dont bring it though, see if u can trust the ppl around you. I can confidently leave my laptop in the living room and not locking the apartment door when i'm out, but safety first right?
7. Most ppl have washing machines. Discuss with your housemates if you need it, then buy together, preferably from seniors, before tht just use the coin-operated one at the back of the building, or send to the mini mart.
8. you'll figure it out