Re: New ReMag
Getting funds to make the book is always an issue. The main thing is the content of the magazine have to precise, comprehensive, easy-reading, inspiring and so on. Well, I'd love to help out as much as I can but like many of u.. I'm afraid the commitment is not that high. We may start off with a pretty good magazine at the first issue(the 6th issue) but subsequent issues will be a problem where ideas will run dry to keep it fresh if we don't have a proper system for unit production or office space to make it. but anyway, I just suggest that this magazine have the following contents:
(1) Letters from abroad (ReCommers who are at OVS writing letters back to Malaysia to tell their life in their respective unis, Indon, Republic Czech, UK, etc)
(2) Jokes-We have our own thread on it don't we?
(3) Sports-This shall be a general issue, where we update recommers with our local sports achievements, development and hope. International sports like football may also be included but to have the originality, we should have our own pundits as well as a forum for football lovers to talk about.
(4) Forum-Letters of complaint, thoughts etc. This will be the major headache if letters keep coming in ten-by-ten everyday. So, I reckon we use e-mailing system. Safe time, cost and more efficient as well.
*SMS should also be made available*
(5) Cartoons-allow recommers to send in their fav drawings or comic strips, hand-crafted by themselves. This shall be interesting.
(6) Entertainment-local and abroad. Music, movies all available
(7) General teenage issues-coping with love, life, study, peer pressure and so on. Again for originality, it should be made by a recommer.
These are just some suggestions of the many more ideas we can come out with. Well, in the end, I feel that the best way to kickstart is to have ReMag ont he web first. If we go out selling mags real life straight away, we may never know it'll be a total flop and a waste of time, effort and money in the end. So, best is setting up the magazine website first. Have a portal link directly from this ReCom site to the magazine website. This is exactly what Vsheeua had suggested from the start so all it really needs now is someone who can moderate it.
Well, to tell the truth, I'm interested. If it goes online where we only had to submit articles to moderators of ReMag and let them decide whether to publish it or not, I would definitely love to help out.It'll not be financially worrying and serves it's purpose as well.. but it's too bad I don't really know how to set up a website myself. LOL. If i do know how, I would love to help..
F.Y.I. I like to eat apples and bananas