Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my current situation here.
I received a scholarship from The Star Edu Fund & Fairview International School to do the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). Tution fees and facility fees are fully covered while accommodation is heavily subsidised from RM4,000 to RM1,200 per term (there's four months in a term and the whole course takes up 2 years)
Thing is, I only applied for the IBDP and after two years of IBDP, I am on my own to fend for myself again. I thought of taking up something under the Medicine umbrella after that but I think I will have a hard time trying to find scholarships for it especially since I have hopes of studying overseas (Maybe US or SG).
On the other hand, I went for the JPA Germany Engineering interview and my dad told me to wait for the results (heard someone say that it will come out on the 25th of May). Chemical Engineering has always been an option and it is fully funded from Pre-U to First Degree.
Thing is, I have to reply the Fairview e-mail by the 15th and then we will have decide on a date and method to sign the three way contract (Since I live all the way in Sarawak).
Do you think it would be wise to accept the scholarship first and then if I get accepted for the JPA scholarship, opt not to sign the contract? Do you think there will be severe consequences? I don't want to risk this prestigious opportunity and turn the scholarship down in the event that I don't receive the JPA scholarship!