- Do you have ideas that you yearn to showcase at the national level?
- Do you have the courage to speak in front of a large crowd, take criticisms constructively and launch rebuttals?
- Do you want to get a foretaste of how it is like to be a public-policy maker without having to step into politics (at least not yet)?
- Are you able to put forth an action plan that will improve the welfare of the people in your country?
If your answer is a resounding YES! to any (or all) of the above, you are the person we are looking for! The Malaysia Public Policy Competition (MPPC) is a competition opened to passionate Malaysian undergraduates and pre-university students like yourself! You will have the opportunity to conceptualise ideas and then present it as an action plan to a panel of highly reputable judges.
HOW DO I JOIN?
All you need is a team of 4. Once you have that settled, all you need to do is to follow to registration instructions on our website
and ensure that you have your applications sent in by the 31st of July 2011.
To make it more challenging, we are opening this competition to ALL UNDERGRADUATE AND PRE-UNIVERSITY STUDENTS from overseas universities as well as local universities.
WHAT IS THE COMPETITION FORMAT?
Preliminary Round - Complete 4 short essay questions and upload CVs of all team members on our online registration page. On the 8th of August 2011, 16 teams will be shortlisted for the UCSI-ICMS MPPC Residential Challenge.
Residential Challenge - A two-day event. The following are the details:
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
- Date: 3rd & 4th September 2011
- Time: 9.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m. (3rd September 2011), 8.00 a.m. - 5.30 p.m. (4th September 2011)
- Venue: UCSI University North Wing, Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Choo Lip Kung, Taman Taynton View 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
The core objective of this event is to expose, engage and educate Malaysian undergraduate and pre-university students in the intricacies and challenges of public policy making.
Participants will not only gain insightful knowledge from experts in this field, but will also be able to interact with peers of similar interests. Besides that, this competition will also give participants the precious opportunity to network with very high profile individuals in Malaysia who will be invited as competition judges.
PLUS - TEAM CASH PRIZES TO BE WON:
- First Prize: RM 4 000.00
- Second Prize: RM 2 000.00
- Third Prize: RM 1 000.00
- Special Prize: RM 600.00
- Participation Award: RM200.00 x 12
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!
PARTICIPATION IS FREE! JUST REGISTER ONLINE NOW
Follow on Facebook