I'm under JPA PILN Scholarship 2011. There are some confusion about Korean Programme especially about the course offer which is "Diploma" and not "Degree
I'll try to explain
If you secure yourself with JPA Korean Programme scholarship. You will be ;
1. Studying in INTEC , UiTM ( Seksyen 18, Shah Alam ) for 9 months .
2. Learning Level 1 and Level 2 of Korean Language. ( By Korean Teachers )
3. Learning Foundation of Engineering ( Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry - Malaysian Lecturers )
4. Learning some additional subjects
(Islamic Studies or Ethic / Moral Studies , and Fundamental Of Speech ( FSC ), not to forget Korean Culture)
1. Korean Culture class is really fun. You'll learn how to make Korean Kite, Korean Food, participate in Korean Speech Competition, Watch Movie almost every week, Play Korean Games.
2. Fundamental of Speech. You'll be given a task, finished it during a particular given time. And present it in front of your friend.
3. There will be student from Korea every year coming to INTec. They're coming purposely to learn English and travelling in particular. Grab this time to make friend with Korean and practice your korean.
4. Korean Programme preparation is only 9 MONTHS! .. Grab this chance!
If you met the cut-of-point of 3.00CGPA in INTEC. You will be
1. Pursuing your foundation in Language Education Institute ( LEI ) , Seoul National University for one year.
2. During the day, you will be learning Korean Language.
( Level 3 to Level 6 for one year )
3. During the evening, you will be learning Engineering subjects.
( Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry )
If you did well in LEI, and reach more than 3.75CGPA. You'll pursuing you degree for 4 years in any University.
If you didn't ( greater than >3.00CGPA but < 3.75CGPA ). You'll be pursuing diploma for 2 years in Dongyang Technical University and another 2 years in any university for degree.
Below is my post last year. HAHA