Thought I'd help out those who are going for Maybank Scholarship (Overseas) 2011 (Deadline: 17 July 2011)
1st round - Online Assessment (Verbal test & Numerical test with time constraints)
Verbal - analyse paragraphs (True, False, Can't Say)
[pretty tricky. be careful!]
Numerical - calculations (Multiple Choice Questions)
[you would most probably struggle with the time a bit]2nd round - One-on-One interviews
The usual interview questions: Tell me about yourself, What do you know about Maybank, How do you describe yourself in one word, What did you do during... etc
Approx 30 minutes per person. There will be 8-12 of you in one session. There are 2 sessions each day.
[very casual chat. The interviewers are very nice]
3rd round - "Apprentice Style"
Congratulations. You have passed the interview.
With this result, you will move to the final round which is the AC (Assessment Centre). AC will be a half day session consisting of individual presentation and group discussion. During this session, you will be evaluated by our panel of independent consultants.
Take note that:
(1) Maybank expects you to finish your degree in 3 years
(2) Bond of 5 years (no matter how long your degree overseas is)
(3) Break of bond - RM750,000 payable (calculated on the basis of Harvard/Oxford standards)
(4) Awarded to those who have financial difficulties only.
(5) In 2011, 19 will be awarded to Malaysians for Overseas Scholarship. Another 6 will be awarded to International (Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia etc) for Overseas Scholarship. Total = 25.
(6) In 2011, 60 available for Local Scholarships (approx RM 70,000 p.a.)
(7) Profile Criteria: Must excel in Academic and Extra Curriculum. & of course, you should be pursuing the degree stated.