Originally Posted by MarknJun
i feel tat nott is a good uni at 1st, and their entrance qualification for engineering course is B+B+B+, quite high. So i'm quite confident. Den a schoolmate of mine get B+BB get chem eng there, unconditional offer somemore. So i lose faith..
Sorry if i insult anyone.. I dunno how the system working..
Anyway here is the entry requirements for all engineering courses in Nott:
1. Nott Foundation in Engineering : Average pass marks of 40% and above
2. A-Levels : BBB in Maths, Physics (or Chemistry for Chemical Engineering) and 1 other subject excluding General Studies
3. STPM : B+B+B+ in Maths, Physics (or Chemistry for Chemical Engineering) and 1 other subject excluding General Studies
4. SAM/AUSMAT/HSC : TER/ENTER/UAI 88 including Maths, Physics and Chemistry
5. Canadian Pre-U : 80% average based on 6 subjects, including Maths and Science subjects
6. IB : 30 points, including 5 points in Maths (SL) and 5 points in Physics (or Chemistry for Chemical Engineering)
7. UEC : 5 A's including Maths and Physics (or Chemistry for Chemical Engineering) and Grade B in 2 further academic excluding Mandarin.
8. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
9. HND and other equivalent Diploma/Advanced Diploma with a minimum average Grade B (equivalent to CGPA above 3.2) and a Distinction in Maths will be considered for direct entry into Year 2
English Language Requirements :
SPM : Grade B+
GCE O-Level(1119) : Grade C
GCE/IGCSE : Grade C
IB : 5 points
UEC : Grade A2
IELTS : 6.0 (no less than 5.0 in any element)
TOEFL(PBT) : 550 with TWE 4.0
TOEFL(iBT) : 79 (no less than 17 in any element)
*adapted from our latest brochure
For your friends case, assuming it is STPM you are talkign about I really have no comments. Maybe case-by-case basis. And like what djfoooo said, entry does not guarantee us a degree. Year 1 is the real qualifying year. If students don't do well in Year 1, the uni will not hesitate to kick that particular student out.
Originally Posted by ferrari2win
Hey, im just wondering is the uk campus and malaysia campus fees the same?
How much will 1 year tuition fees cost for engineering + staying on campus
im asking cos everytime i google the fees it comes out in pounds lol just wanted too confirm
Of course it is different!
I can't answer you for the UK one but hey try googling harder, tution fees are definitely listed.
Anyway for Nott malaysian campus, assuming that you want to do an engineering course. Per year your tuition fees will be 34k. Depending on 3 or 4 year course, you can calculate it out on your own.
Staying on campus: say you choose a single room with an ensuite shared bathroom it will be RM465 per month. Food and leisure probably another RM500 per month.
Here's an estimate.