UNDP Malaysia’s Graduate Students’ Internship Programme (GSIP) provides a wide range of opportunities for graduate students to gain insight into the work of UNDP and the development programmes undertaken in Malaysia. The successful candidate will be required to work from the UNDP’s Office in Kuala Lumpur.
Objectives of the internship
Thematic Scope of Internship
- Enhance the educational experience of graduate students through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in UNDP’s development projects in Malaysia;
- Provide graduate students with an exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of UNDP Malaysia’s goals and activities.
UNDP Malaysia’s work is framed within the following thematic priority areas:
- National responses to both the short-term and longer term structural implications of the global economic and financial crisis;
- Addressing poverty, inequality and exclusion;
- Towards an improved quality of life through sustainable environmental management and energy security;
- Promoting good governance with a focus on anti-corruption, human rights and the results orientation of the public sector;
- Promoting South-South cooperation initiatives for development
The areas of work that are available for internship are available here. TOR for Interns-Malaysia
Period of Internship
UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months. The period of Internship for 2010 is from June –December 2010.
- Must be enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (masters level or higher).
- Have completed at least four years of full time studies at a university or equivalent.
- Have not graduated prior to the beginning of the internship.
The Interns Application Form-Malaysia
and Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be completed and uploaded with online application before 30 April 2010
. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application Form-Malaysia for UNDP Graduate Internship Programme
- Curriculum Vitae
Complete the Internship application form and email with curriculum vitae to
Closing date: 30 April 2010 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.)
Download: Interns Application Form-Malaysia