Course Applied: German Engineering
utrajaya, PICC, 7th April, 8am, Panel 7, 1st batch!
Experience: I arrived at the venue around 7.30 am?? I cant reli remember the time..I'm kinda sleepy now, so maybe there's something I can't remember clearly. Please forgive me if I missed out something.
There's 25 ppl in each panel and I'm the 6th interviewee. When we signed for our attendance, the 4th girl haven't came. So I was called to join the 1st group to get in the interview room. When we were called, we submitted our photocopies of document they want.
The other 4 ppl in my group were a chinese boy who's applying for engineering and he wanna do civil engineering, a malay girl and a chinese girl who chose accountancy, and a chinese girl who chose law.
I gt no.5 tag from the clerk outside before I get in the interview room.
So I was the last one to do my intro.
Our panels included a malay lady, an indian lady and a malay man.
I think the malay lady was the ketua as she spoke the most. She mentioned what they want for our intro like ur name, school u've studied previously, ur family status(family members, parents' job), and what course you've applied.
Then the 1st question was done in BM. If I'm not mistaken, the questions were as below:
1. Kenapa kamu semua pilih untuk mengambil kursus yang kamu mahu di negara yang kamu pilih?
2. Why u wanna do this course in German since there's courses like that in local universities? ( This question was asked by the malay guy interviewer to me, I said I wanna do AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING)
3. Since we pay a lot money for you guys to study at overseas if you guys got this scholarship, and everyone will face problems when they're alone overseas like home-sickness, cannot perform well in study and etc. So what will you guys do to overcome these problems??
4. Can u state any qualities that a profession should have in them?
5. This question was threw out to me and the other guy who's applying for engineering course. "As a future engineer, tell me any comment that you have about anything in Petaling Street." I din take initiative to speak 1st because I have no idea what they want! The guy in my group said:"Actually I didn't go to Petaling Street that often, so..." "Alright, then we talk about the Sultan Abdul Samad building." "Emm..its design was like a mosque......." (I can't remember what he said but I just can remember this sentence. We're stunned at 1st when the panels threw this question.=.=)
Then the malay lady looked at me, I started to speak. I said: "its a symbol of Malaysia." "So, anything else about the building?" "Emm..Actually I don't have any other comments or ideas about the building." The Malay lady just said "Oh, ok~" Then I saw the Indian lady beside her was smiling like she's going to burst in a laugh, then I just HOHOHO~
(I'm gonna ruin this interview!!
6. So wat will you do with ur profession in the future to reduce the global warming? (This question is directed to all of us.)
Rating: Duno how to rate it..Just dun rate it! haha
Advice/Additional info: For the questions specialised for different course, I can remember a bit, just for reference laa k?
For LAW: a)Tell me about the MALAYSIAN LEGAL SYSTEM.
b)What is the function of SYARIAH COURT?
For accountancy: What is the difference between the DEB and MEB. DEB was the DASAR EKONOMI BARU, MEB was xxxxxxx.( I forgot ad...XDXD...that new plan that our PM just announced not long ago which functioned to increase our ppl's income per kapita from USD7000 to USD15000.)
After the accountancy applicants said their comments, the panels turned to us and asked us if we got any comment to speak out. The other 2 candidates spoke out their ideas. And when I wanna said mine, the panel changed questions ad.
So, try to take initiatives if you really have good ideas about what the panel asked. But answer oni if they direct the question to everyone. And the to do thing is, just straight to the point and add oni some appropriate elaborations. They would like to hear a brief and strong point rather than a long but weak point even you can speak fluently and confidently.
That's all I can share, if you guys have any questions wanna ask me, can private message me, as there may some incomplete part in my recalling now. I'm kinda blur now. I woke up at 5am, and haven't rest till now.
Good luck to every recommers who're having their interview on 2moro and Friday!