ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education

Education This is the place where we would discuss anything about education issues!!!

MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

amaar943 Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 17-04-2012 Default MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

Hi guys. so i'm applying Mara loan for psychology, piln.

but i'm having trouble deciding between these two options:

1. Ausmat, INTEC, Queensland.
2. ADTP, INTI, Ivy League.

first, i have always wanted to study in united states since i was a kid. so it was like a dream comes true if i ever get to be in ivy league. but will it be hard to get accepted? well since it's the ivy league. maybe my chance is slimmer if i go for the second option because of the competition.

and does anyone know how it's like, INTI in Nilai? is the uni good, the environment, the accommodation and public transport? you know those stuffs.

but i want to go to INTEC too, because i know how the place is like, everything is there. plus it's closer to home

but i heard from so many people that AUSMAT IS THE HARDEST PRE-U is that true? i would prefer an easier pre-u, obviously.

please, any opinion or experience will be much appreciated. thank you
amaar943 is offline   Reply With Quote
CurrentEventsGuy
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 19-04-2012 Default Re: MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

I was at Intec many years ago when the program I was enrolled in was still there (ADFP). You are right in assuming that AUSMAT is much more difficult as I saw many people who didnt get to pass the 85% mark. Of course, I dont know much about the ADTP program but it shouldnt be as difficult as the AUSMAT from what I was told by my juniors.

However, let me say that it is easier for you to pass the AUSMAT than to be enrolled in an Ivy League college.

As for living in Nilai, it is now an established college town. You'd find easy access to the any amenities.
CurrentEventsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
ayja
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#3 Old 19-04-2012 Default Re: MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

AUSMAT is equivalent to SAM in Taylors college, and if you do it in Int.ec it's 1.5 years instead of Taylors' 1 year. The lecturers there give you a bit of basics (since intake is in June/July right?) and then coach you towards the finals in November the following year. It's 50% internal assesments (eg tests, assignments) and 50% final written, which you do in November. However I've heard that the system for grading has been altered, and I haven't been keeping up so this is probably the old system I'm describing.

The thing with people telling you that AUSMAT is most difficult is that you go in with that mindset that it is, then you'll stress yourself unnecessarily. It's basically a juggle between tests, assignments and preparations for oral exams, much like what you will do in university. I figure as long as you constantly revise your material, ask your lecturers when you don't understand and complete all your work, that ranking of 85 is achievable. most important resources besides books are your lecturers. They are not there to make your life miserable, they want to see you succeed. So if you think they are being mean by giving you difficult questions in tests/exams, they are actually forcing you to think outside the box, which is important, in my opinion, when solving problems faced in the exams when taking AUSMAT. They don't merely want regurgitation of facts.

Ten-ants!
ayja is offline   Reply With Quote
amaar943 Female
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 20-04-2012 Default Re: MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

but it is stated if i do AUSMAT at INTEC, there's only a university to further degree. which is Queenland. so isn't it more difficult then because there's only one place instead of the ivy leagues? ahhh i can't decide
CurrentEventsGuy
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 21-04-2012 Default Re: MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

Did your sponsors limit your choice of uni based on you loan scheme? I dont see how Queensland now has exclusive rights to all students in the matriculation. Regardless of your predicament, it is still easier to get into that compared to the Ivys.
CurrentEventsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
ayja
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#6 Old 21-04-2012 Default Re: MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentEventsGuy View Post
Did your sponsors limit your choice of uni based on you loan scheme? I dont see how Queensland now has exclusive rights to all students in the matriculation. Regardless of your predicament, it is still easier to get into that compared to the Ivys.
Yeah as far as I'm concerned most of the unis in Australia and New Zealand will accept your Ausmat qualification, you'll just have to meet the cut off point.

Ten-ants!
ayja is offline   Reply With Quote
amaar943 Female
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: MARA loan ; AUSMAT OR ADTP? INTEC OR INTI?

i don't know if mara limits the uni of choice if i choose ausmat at intec, but it is stated so in the website. as though i have only one option after i complete ausmat, rather than two countries (aus/nz).

i see. i have chose to apply a-level and ausmat, both at intec. wish me luck, i really need mara convertible loan :')